Principles of physics; weight, form, volume, temperature, pressure, density, specific gravity, condensates, and vapors; psi , feet of water, inches of mercury; absolute, gauge, atmospheric pressure and vacuum; effect of temperature and pressure on gas volumes, liquids, vapors, and condensates; compression and expansion.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe concepts of weight, form, volume, temperature, pressure, density, specific gravity
- Convert pounds per square inch to feet of water and inches of mercury and vice versa
- Define absolute, gauge, and atmospheric pressure and vacuum
- Explain effect of temperature on gas volumes, and pressure on liquids, vapors, and condensates
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a fill-in-the blank final exam