This course covers typical applications of various types of pumps, describes factors affecting pump selection, and explains operating principles of centrifugal, propeller, and turbine, rotary, reciprocating, and metering pumps. Also included are special-purpose pumps, diaphragm pumps, and others designed to handle corrosive and abrasive substances. Finally, the course covers pump maintenance, packing gland, seal, and bearing replacement.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define typical applications of various types of pumps including factors affecting pump selection
- Explain operating principles of centrifugal, propeller, turbine, rotary, reciprocating, and metering pumps.
- Make appropriate pump selection for corrosive and abrasive substances
- Describe pump maintenance, packing gland, seal, and bearing replacement
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a multiple choice final exam.
Registration for this course entitles the student to course support from SkillWorks. After passing the final exam the registered student will also receive an official Continuing Education Course Certificate of Completion that will be accepted by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (Ohio EPA) for operator certification renewal for the licenses listed in the table of course details above.