A complete lubrication training program, including functions and characteristics of lubricants, factors in selection of lubricants, and effects of additives. Oils, greases, and other compounds used for lubrication are described, as well as their applications. Lubrication methods and recommended storage and handling procedures are included.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe functions and characteristics of lubricants
- Make proper lubricant selection for the application
- State the properties of oils, greases, and other compounds used for lubrication
- Describe lubrication methods and recommended storage and handling procedures
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a multiple choice final exam.
Registration for this course entitles the student to course support from SkillWorks. After passing the final exam the registered student will also receive an official Continuing Education Course Certificate of Completion that will be accepted by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (Ohio EPA) for operator certification renewal for the licenses listed in the table of course details above.