This course covers force and motion, work and energy, and fluid mechanics as applied in industrial maintenance. Explains principles of operation for simple machines, the basic elements of industrial machines, and common measurement tools used to monitor and adjust equipment. Covers hand tools, power tools and fasteners and ways to reduce friction and wear.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe force and motion, work and energy, and fluid mechanics as applied in industrial maintenance.
- Explain principles of operation for simple machines, such as the lever, inclined plane, wheel, axle, pulley, screw
- Explain the basic elements of industrial machines and measurement tools to monitor and adjust equipment
- Choose hand tools, power tools and fasteners
- Describe ways to reduce friction and wear.
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a multiple choice final exam
Registration for this course entitles the student to course support from SkillWorks. After passing the final exam the registered student will also receive an official Continuing Education Course Certificate of Completion that will be accepted by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (Ohio EPA) for operator certification renewal for the licenses listed in the table of course details above.