This unit covers the function of transmitters in a process control loop and explains the basic operation of pneumatic and electronic transmitters. Included also is the function and use of recorders (horizontal, vertical, circular chart recorders as well as electronic display and computer chart displays); controller operations (process instrument control loop, on-off control mode, proportional band, integral, and derivative control modes, and programmable logic controllers); final control elements (pneumatically- and electronically-activated valves, positioners, reverse- and direct-acting control elements); control loops (simple, single element, cascade, feedforward control and ratio control).
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the basic operation of pneumatic and electronic transmitters
- Describe the function and use of recorders
- List controller operations and final control elements
- Correlate the elements into a control loop
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a multiple choice final exam
There are no reviews yet.