This course is a refresher on positive and negative numbers and their relationship to each other; using signs to determine positive or negative qualities; reading scale values above and below zero; adding negative numbers, positive and negative numbers; subtracting large positive numbers from smaller ones; and working problems that require the use of positive and negative numbers.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use signs to determine positive and negative qualities
- Read scale values above and below zero
- Adding and negative numbers, as well as positive and negative numbers
- Subtract large positive numbers from smaller ones
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a written, final exam including problems