A complete lubrication training program, including functions and characteristics of lubricants, factors in selection of lubricants, and effects of additives. Oils, greases, and other compounds used for lubrication are described, as well as their applications. Lubrication methods and recommended storage and handling procedures are included.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe functions and characteristics of lubricants
- Make proper lubricant selection for the application
- State the properties of oils, greases, and other compounds used for lubrication
- Describe lubrication methods and recommended storage and handling procedures
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a multiple choice final exam.