This course covers chemical attraction; valance; radicals; synthesis of a compound; decomposition of a compound; relative activity of elements; factors which effect synthesis; action of a catalyst; types of mixtures; solutions and solvents; identification of acids, bases, and salts; and pH scale and measurement of pH.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe chemical attraction, valence, and radicals
- Describe synthesis of a compound and decomposition of a compound and factor which affect synthesis
- Explain relative activity of elements
- Predict the action of a catalyst, and how solutions and solvents work
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a fill-in-the blank final exam
There are no reviews yet.