This course covers fraction terminology and the meaning of fractions; conversion of fractions to numbers; manipulating fractions in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; four basic steps in solving mathematical problems; practical sequential problems with fractions in laboratory control, production, and maintenance.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe fraction terminology and the meaning of fractions
- Convert fractions to whole or mixed numbers and vice versa
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions
- Apply fractions to practical sequential problems in laboratory control, production, and maintenance
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a written, final exam including problems