This course covers the?mathematical processes related to decimals, percents and fractions including converting from one to another; adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing with decimals; rounding off and checking decimal answers; converting measurement units; working in decimals in solving multiplication and division problems involving percents; practical sequential problems in production, laboratory control, and maintenance.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe how decimals and percents relate to fractions
- Solve addition and subtract problems involving decimals using rounding and checking
- Solve multiplication and division problems involving decimals using rounding and checking
- Describe the use of decimals in sequential problems in production, laboratory control, and maintenance
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a written, final exam including problems