This course covers how to identify components and correct procedures, describe functions and purpose, and troubleshoot as it relates to a basic, non-mathematical approach to principles of electricity; electron theory; static electricity; electrons in motion; magnetism. Basic methods of measuring current, voltage, and resistance. Circuit components: conductors, insulators, resistors, capacitors. Ohm’s Law calculations for DC and AC circuits.
At the completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Identify a non-mathematical approach to principles of electricity
- Describe electron theory, static electricity, electrons in motion, and magnetism
- Recognize basic methods of measuring current, voltage, and resistance
- Solve circuit problems using Ohm’s law calculations for DC and AC circuits
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a multiple choice final exam
There are no reviews yet.