Whole numbers, symbols, and terms; addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; answer checking methods; basic rules to give maximum accuracy; sequential use of these four arithmetic processes; and practical word problems in the fields of laboratory control, production, and maintenance.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers
- Demonstrate proper checking techniques
- Describe and use basic rules in working problems for maximum accuracy
- Solve practical word problems
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a written, final exam including problems