This course covers how to use ratios and proportions to solve simple problems common in industry. It contains explanations and means of expressing ratios; reducing to lower terms; forming a proportion; means and extremes; solving for unknowns in proportions; checking; proportions using verbal description; and alternate and indirect proportions.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Solve simple problems using ratio and proportion
- Explain and express ratios
- Form a ratio and reduce to lower terms
- Solve for unknowns, check, and solve word problems
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a written, final exam including problems