This course covers Bar Graphs: recognition of parts, reading and interpolating values; selecting proper bar graphs; preparing simple graphs, selecting and ordering of data, setup of scales; drawing; using interrupted amount scale; reading and preparing component bar graphs. Line Graphs: identification of scales; point coordinates; determining the value of a missing coordinate; positive and negative coordinates; plotting points; setup of scales; preparation of smooth curves; and use of curve families and multi-scale graphs.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the parts of a bar graph, bars, and reading their value, and interpolate between values and divisions
- Identify scales on line graphs and how to write them
- Plot positive and negative coordinates
- Draw line graphs, curves, and bar graphs from data
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a written, final exam