This course covers how to identify components and correct procedures, describe functions and purpose, and troubleshoot as it relates to the identification, function, construction, operation and maintenance of the various types of valves in general use in piping systems. It includes detailed coverage of the general appearance, construction, and function of gate, globe and check valves; general coverage of plug, diaphragm, pinch, butterfly, three-way-flow, safety, pressure-regulating, control, multi-port, and other less common valves; and general coverage of valve operation, installation; and maintenance.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the function, construction, operation, and maintenance of various valves in piping systems
- Detail the appearance, construction, and function of gate, globe, and check valves
- Describe the use of plug, diaphragm, pinch, butterfly, three-way-flow, safety, and other valves
- List the operation, installation, and maintenance concerns of valves
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a fill-in-the blank final exam