This course covers how to identify components and correct procedures, describe functions and purpose, and troubleshoot as it relates to parts, their functions, and the installation of mechanical seals. It specifically covers balanced and unbalanced seals; inside, outside, and sleeve-mounted seals; seal flushing arrangements; key points in care and maintenance; materials used for various parts; and requirements and techniques involved in mechanical seal installation.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the parts, functions, and installation of mechanical seals
- Identify balanced and unbalanced seals as well as inside, outside, and sleeve-mounted seals
- Describe seal flushing arrangements
- List maintenance of seals and their materials and requirements for longevity
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a fill-in-the blank final exam
There are no reviews yet.