This course covers units of measurement used in commercial and industrial applications. Examines all aspects of basic measurement concepts and procedures, including accuracy and tolerance. Discusses techniques and devices for comparison measurements (dial indicators and gauge blocks). Shows common methods for measuring volume, motion, force, temperature, fluid flow, and electricity. Explains how to use scales and rules, combination calipers, and micrometers.
At the completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Understand units of measurement used in commercial and industrial applications
- Choose proper measurement techniques and procedures
- Describe techniques and devices for comparison measurements (dial indicators and gauge blocks)
- Explain the use of scales, rules, combination calipers, and micrometers
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a multiple choice final exam
Registration for this course entitles the student to course support from SkillWorks. After passing the final exam the registered student will also receive an official Continuing Education Course Certificate of Completion that will be accepted by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) for operator certification renewal for the licenses listed in the table of course details above.