This course covers principles and applications of various types of bearings, including plain journal, ball, and roller bearings. Explains installation, inspection and repair of bearings. Deals with specialized bearings, including powdered-metal, nonmetallic, and hydrostatic bearings. Covers bearing seals, lubrication, and maintenance practices.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe principles and applications of various types of bearings including plain journal, ball, and roller
- Explain installation, inspection, and repair procedures of bearings.
- Identify specialized bearings, including powered-metal, non-metallic, and hydrostatic bearings
- Choose proper bearing seals, lubrication, and maintenance practices
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a multiple choice final exam
Registration for this course entitles the student to course support from SkillWorks. After passing the final exam the registered student will also receive an official Continuing Education Course Certificate of Completion that will be accepted by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) and Board of Registration of Operators of Drinking Water Supply Facilities for operator certification renewal for the licenses listed in the table of course details above.