Principles of physics; weight, form, volume, temperature, pressure, density, specific gravity, condensates, and vapors; psi , feet of water, inches of mercury; absolute, gauge, atmospheric pressure and vacuum; effect of temperature and pressure on gas volumes, liquids, vapors, and condensates; compression and expansion.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe concepts of weight, form, volume, temperature, pressure, density, specific gravity
- Convert pounds per square inch to feet of water and inches of mercury and vice versa
- Define absolute, gauge, and atmospheric pressure and vacuum
- Explain effect of temperature on gas volumes, and pressure on liquids, vapors, and condensates
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a fill-in-the blank final exam
Registration for this course entitles the student to course support from SkillWorks. After passing the final exam the registered student will also receive an official Continuing Education Course Certificate of Completion that will be accepted by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) for operator certification renewal for the licenses listed in the table of course details above.