This course covers the calculation of area and volume of figures encountered in the industrial shop or plant: the recognition of plane surfaces and the use of formulas for the determination of area; the breakdown of irregular surfaces into familiar shapes for area calculation; the calculation of the volumes of familiar shapes; and the conversion of units of volume measurement.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use formulas for the determination of area of various surfaces
- Breakdown irregular surfaces into familiar shapes for area calculation
- Calculate volumes of familiar shapes
- Convert units of volume measurement
- Demonstrate this knowledge on a written, final exam including problems
There are no reviews yet.